Development Coordinator (Part-Time)
EARTH Limited is seeking an entry-level Development Coordinator with a passion for the environment, education, and conservation, to help grow its organization. This position will require 10-15 hours per week, with the opportunity to work remotely on some days. This position is part-time with potential to lead to full-time in the future.
BACKGROUND: EARTH Ltd is a non-profit organization located at Southwick’s Zoo in Mendon, MA. EARTH’s mission is to Inspire a commitment to protect and conserve our planet and our future. We hope to foster a connection between children and nature, and we believe that education is the key to protecting our planet for future generations.
- Assist with EARTH Ltd’s fundraising activities including creating and managing appeals, finding new donors, and maintaining EARTH’s donor base.
- Procure donations and organize donated items for EARTH’s annual auction.
- Assist with planning and coordinating fundraising events such as the Benefit EARTH Bash, EARTH Awareness Day, and Winos for Rhinos.
- Draft bimonthly newsletters to EARTH’s members and email list.
- Assist with EARTH’s social media as needed.
- Oversee development and implementation of future fundraising plans.
- Seek out grants and research prospects for funding.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in development or fundraising.
- Must have strong computer skills including previous experience with Microsoft Office and similar software.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a small nonprofit setting.
- Networks and contacts in the environmental and funding field.
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:Please email your cover letter and resume to Betsey Brewer Bethel at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Samantha Russak at email@example.com with the subject line “EARTH Development Coordinator”.