Program Instructor – Wild Adventure Programs
EARTH Limited at Southwick’s Zoo
Join us at Southwick’s Zoo over the summer as a Program Instructor with the Wild Adventure Program! We are looking for a certified teacher who is fun, creative, energetic, and loves to work outdoors with children. We are an active, hands-on program that utilizes the animal ambassadors and environment of the zoo to create a memorable experience for kids. The program instructor will work with experienced staff to implement a well-developed but continuously evolving program that is catered to each age group. Our program serves students entering grades K – 10 over the course of the summer.
- Teaching children about the animals at the zoo, including their adaptations, behaviors and the environments in which they live
- Handling certain animals and guiding close interactions with animals
- Developing lessons and activities to engage and educate kids
- Supervising children throughout the day in instructional, play, and creative sessions and by walking around the zoo with them each day
- Leading arts and crafts activities each week
- Must be a certified teacher currently working in education (elementary or middle school preferred)
- General knowledge of animals, biology and ecosystems and willingness to learn
- Experience with creating and implementing hands-on crafts and activities
- Excellent collaboration, communication skills, and flexibility
- Ability to be physically active throughout the day
The program runs from June 21 – August 11, 2023. Program hours Monday – Friday are from 8:30 AM until 4:15 PM for a full day program, and 8:30 AM until 12:15 PM for half day. Scheduling is done so that each staff member has a vacation week during the program.
To apply, email Bob Clark at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Located at Southwick’s Zoo
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756