Summer Wild Adventure Programs
2022 Wild Adventure Programs
We are in the process of scheduling Wild Adventure Program dates for 2022, and are planning to have registration open in late November/early December 2021.
Please check back soon for updates!
Questions About Wild Adventure Programs?
Email Bob Clark, Wild Adventure Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your child’s summer break a Wild Adventure!
We offer program sessions for the following grade levels: K – 2, 2-3, 4-6, and 7-10. Our young adventurers will explore the zoo and learn through a variety of hands on activities such as games, crafts, and even meeting some of our animals up close and personal. All Wild Adventure students also get to tie-dye their own t-shirt. Programs range from a half day program for younger children to a program for older children interested in careers relating to zoology.
I'm an EARTH Member, how do I get my discount?
EARTH members receive a $10 discount on Spring Wild Adventure Programs and a 10% discount on Summer Wild Adventure Programs. To receive your member discount when you register, click the green “register button” on the eventbrite page, then “enter promotional code”. Your code is the first 5 letters of your last name + the first 2 letters of your first name. Example: John Smith’s code would be SMITHJO. If your last name is fewer than 5 letters, just use your full last name + the first 2 letters of your first name, Jane Doe’s code would be DOEJA.
*Must be a current EARTH member at the time of registration to receive the member discount. Discounts cannot be applied retroactively.
Where and when do I drop my child off?
Where do I pick up my child?
What should my child wear?
Make sure your child is dressed for the weather. We spend most of the day outdoors and do a large amount of walking, so we recommend that children wear comfortable shoes and do not wear sandals or open toed shoes. Following state guidelines, children will be required to wear a face mask throughout the day, excluding during meal times. We strongly recommend packing an extra mask in case one gets dirty or is unusable.
What should my child bring?
- A mask or other fabric face covering such as a bandana. Children will be required to wear a mask when indoors or in an area where they cannot socially distance during Summer Wild Adventure Programs.
- Sneakers or boots only (no sandals, flip flops, or open-toed shoes). Shoes must be comfortable enough for children to walk all over the zoo.
- A pencil bag with colored pencils, markers, crayons, small paint brush and regular pencils.
- Additional clothing depending on the day’s weather forecast (i.e. extra socks, raincoat, sweatshirt, hat, etc.)
- Water bottle – We have water available to refill bottles, but, to minimize contact, we recommend packing two water bottles each day.
- Insect repellent
- Lunch & snacks – We provide snacks and water during morning and afternoon snack time. Snacks will be individually packaged, single serve snacks. Since kids are active all day, they tend to get hungry, so you may wish to send more than you typically would for school lunch.
- Hand sanitizer – We have installed a hand washing station, staff will have hand sanitizer, and hand sanitizer is available in various locations in the zoo, but we recommend that children bring their own to help minimize contact.
Located at Southwick’s Zoo
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756