We offer Junior Zookeeping sessions for ages 6-9, 10-12, and 13-16.
Register for Junior ZooKeeping
Registration for the 2019 Junior Zookeeping Program will open in April of 2019. Please check back soon for more infromation.
Pricing per session
EARTH Ltd. Members: $60/child
AgesSessions are available for the following age groups:
- Children must be registered online at least 24 hours in advance. Full payment is due at the time of registration.
- Each session has a limited number of spots available. The ages 6-9 sessions have a maximum of 4 spaces, and the 10-12 and 13-16 sessions have 5 spaces each. The registration page will show the remaining spaces for each date.
- We recommend that children participating wear appropriate footwear, such as sneakers, for walking around the zoo.
- Children should bring a small backpack or other bag to carry a water bottle and snack.
- Pick up and drop off for Junior Zookeeping will be by the picnic tables near the parking lot.
What does a rhino eat? How do you care for a giraffe? What is the softest herbivore in the world? What does a porcupine like to play with? Come learn about our plant-eating pals and help plan their diet, make them some enrichment, and get an up-close and personal hands on experience with some of our favorite herbivores!
Meat is on the menu! What does a lion love? What does a coati crave? What does a snake snack on? Learn how we feed our carnivorous critters and help us make them some lunch. You will also learn how the keepers entertain some of our smartest and most dangerous animals by making them enrichment. You’ll even get a chance to interact with some of our sharp toothed inhabitants.
Help us make toys for our monkeys to monkey around with. Pick out produce for our peckish Patas monkeys. Jr ZooKeepers will get to meet a marmoset and get to know a galago. Primates are our closest relatives, learn how much they are they are like us and how they are different.
Birds are some of the smartest animals in the Animal Kingdom, so what exactly does it take to care for the closest living relatives of the dinosaurs? Why don’t they fly away? How can they talk? What can we tell about a bird by its beak? Jr ZooKeepers get to make macaw munchies, play with a parrot, and chill with a chicken. Break out of your shell and help us care for our fascinating feathered friends.
Located at Southwick’s Zoo
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756