Virtual ZooMobile Program
Don’t let social distancing prevent you from meeting and learning about some of our amazing animal ambassadors – join us for a virtual visit!
What is the ZooMobile Program?
A ZooMobile is an educational outreach program that involves an educator and some of our animal ambassadors. In-person program involve traveling to a school, library, or other facility to perform a presentation. Virtual presentations are broadcasted from EARTH Limited’s homebase at Southwick’s Zoo. See below for more information.
All of our ZooMobile programs are designed to meet current state core science standards in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, as well as the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
Virtual ZooMobile Guidelines
- ZooMobiles must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Virtual ZooMobiles may be scheduled Monday-Friday. Please contact us to discuss a specific time.
- We are able to do two back-to-back presentations per day. We require a 15 minute break between the two presentations.
- The platform used for virtual presentations will be Zoom. It is best for the school to act as host and provide a link to add EARTH Ltd as a co-host; however, we do have the capability to host the sessions ourselves. Zoom presentations hosted by EARTH Ltd are limited to 100 participants.
Virtual ZooMobile FAQs
Do you still offer on-site ZooMobile Presentations?
Yes, we do still offer on-site ZooMobile presentations. Click here for more information.
What is the maximum number of participants?
The maximum number of participants is limited to the maximum number of individuals per session allowed by Zoom. Zoom presentations hosted by EARTH Ltd are limited to 100 participants.
Can we book a ZooMobile for a birthday party or personal event?
We do not book birthday parties or personal events, however we can accomodate homeschool sessions. Specific inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
How is payment processed?
We ask for payment to be made in the form of a check made out to “EARTH Ltd”, mailed within a week of the presentation. If you need a W-9 tax form, we can email that to you along with the confirmation/invoice.
- Virtual programs are best suited for grades K-5, but we can customize for other grades/age levels
- For Zoom presentations, it is best for the school to act as host and provide a link to add EARTH Ltd as a co-host; however, we do have the capability to host the sessions ourselves.
- Zoom presentations hosted by EARTH Ltd are limited to 100 participants.
Preview of pre-recorded ZooMobile video
Live Virtual Presentation
$275 for one 30-minute presentation
$375 for 45-minute presentation
$475 for 60-minute presentation
- This presentation, broadcast via Zoom, features animal ambassadors, as well as some pre-recorded video clips, presented by one of our education staff and a short Q&A session at the end.
- Topics include animal classification, movement, senses, adaptations, and endangered species. Customized topics available upon request.
- Best suited for grades K-5, but we can customize for other grades/age levels
Pre-Recorded ZooMobile Program Videos
$250 per video
- We can also provide YouTube Links to pre-recorded ZooMobile programs that can be streamed or downloaded by you or your staff at any time.
- We currently have a 20 minute program on animal movement starring a leopard tortoise, cornsnake, armadillo, alligator, blue-and-gold macaw, and tenrec hedgehog; and a 17 minute program on animal classification starring a ball python, blue-and-gold macaw, and crested porcupine.
- More video options coming soon!
The Autism Alliance partnered with EARTH Limited at Southwick’s Zoo, specifically with educators Samantha Russak and Diana Waterman, for a 12-week virtual series called “Southwick’s at Home” from April-August 2020. Samantha and Diana are experts in their field. They created superior content that their audience was able to easily understand. They were well prepared each week and in my opinion, I could easily envision them on PBS doing an animal education program. They are without question, at the top of their field not only in education but excellent with the live virtual format and audience engagement.
They receive the highest recommendation for their outstanding work in creating virtual animal education content. School classrooms, special education students, or recreation programs, if they choose to work with Samantha and Diana at the Southwick Zoo, will receive exceptional quality services.
. . .
Did you recently view a ZooMobile presentation?
Share Your Feedback
Located at Southwick’s Zoo
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756