Thank you for your interest in an internship with EARTH Limited and Southwick’s Zoo! The online application for 2020 Spring/Summer Internships will be available January 1, 2020 to March 13, 2020.
Internships with EARTH Ltd and Southwick’s Zoo are a rewarding experience which provides college students and recent college graduates the chance to learn and develop valuable skills while working in a unique setting. If you have any questions regarding internships, please email or call Samantha Russak at email@example.com or 1-800-258-9182 ext 214.
Spring/Summer internships generally run from mid-May through August and require 300 hours. Animal Care interns are required to work at least 3 days each week, including at least one weekend day each week. Each day is about 8 hours long. Wild Adventure Program interns must be available to work at least 3 days, Monday-Friday, from mid-June to mid-August.
Requirements for All Internships
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in college or a recent college graduate.
- Must be able to attend internship training orientation and zoo tour in May 2020. (spring/summer internships only)
- Must be willing and able to work with children of varying ages, as well as adults, in a professional manner.
- Must be able to take and follow directions to maintain a safe work environment for personnel, visitors, and the animals at the zoo.
- All interns will be required to complete assignments during their internships, dependent on department. (spring/summer internships only)
- All spring/summer interns are required to create a project for, and attend, EARTH Awareness Day on Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Spring/summer interns are required to assist with EARTH Bash (Friday, June 19, 2020).
Benefits of All Internships
- Discounts for food purchased at the zoo during work hours (does NOT apply to Galliford’s Restaurant).
- Discounts for gifts purchased at the zoo gift shop.
- Season’s pass to use for yourself and friends for entrance to the zoo on non-work days (after 2nd week of internship).
- The opportunity to gain experience and work with a great group of people!
To apply, please fill out and submit the online application along with your resume (including 3 references) and cover letter. Documents must uploaded as pdfs.
The online application for 2020 Spring/Summer Internships with Southwick’s Zoo and EARTH Limited will be available January 1, 2020 to March 13, 2020.
All Interns will be responsible to their direct supervisors, in addition to Samantha Russak, Director of Education and Betsey Brewer, Executive Director of Conservation, Education, & Research.
Common questions regarding our internships are answered below. If you have any additional questions, please email Samantha Russak at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do the internships last?
Most Spring/Summer internships require 300 hours. Animal Care interns are required to work at least 3 days each week, including at least one weekend day each week. Each day is about 8 hours long. Wild Adventure Program interns have different start/end dates and work schedules than Animal Care interns. Fall internships have a similar schedule, but we can be flexible with dates.
Do you only offer internships during the summer when the zoo is open?
Who can apply?
Can I get time off for vacation?
What if the position I apply for is already filled?
Are internships paid?
Can I interview over the phone if I don’t live nearby?
What is EARTH Ltd. Awareness Day?
(Note: EARTH Awareness Day is a requirement for all Spring/Summer interns)
Located at Southwick’s Zoo
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756