Thank you for your interest in an internship with EARTH Limited and Southwick’s Zoo. We are no longer accepting applications for spring/summer 2020 internships. We will begin accepting applications for fall 2020 internships in late July.
Internships with EARTH Ltd and Southwick’s Zoo are a rewarding experience which provides college students and recent college graduates the chance to learn and develop valuable skills while working in a unique setting. If you have any questions regarding internships, please email or call Samantha Russak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-258-9182 ext 214.
Spring/Summer internships generally run from mid-May through August and require 300 hours. Animal Care interns are required to work at least 3 days each week, including at least one weekend day each week. Each day is about 8 hours long. Wild Adventure Program interns must be available to work at least 3 days, Monday-Friday, from mid-June to mid-August.
Requirements for All Internships
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in college or a recent college graduate.
- Must be able to attend internship training orientation and zoo tour in May 2020. (spring/summer internships only)
- Must be willing and able to work with children of varying ages, as well as adults, in a professional manner.
- Must be able to take and follow directions to maintain a safe work environment for personnel, visitors, and the animals at the zoo.
- All interns will be required to complete assignments during their internships, dependent on department. (spring/summer internships only)
- All spring/summer interns are required to create a project for, and attend, EARTH Awareness Day on Saturday, August 1, 2020.
- Spring/summer interns are required to assist with EARTH Bash (Friday, June 19, 2020).
Benefits of All Internships
- Discounts for food purchased at the zoo during work hours (does NOT apply to Galliford’s Restaurant).
- Discounts for gifts purchased at the zoo gift shop.
- Season’s pass to use for yourself and friends for entrance to the zoo on non-work days (after 2nd week of internship).
- The opportunity to gain experience and work with a great group of people!
Common questions regarding our internships are answered below. If you have any additional questions, please email Samantha Russak at: email@example.com
How long do the internships last?
Most Spring/Summer internships require 300 hours. Animal Care interns are required to work at least 3 days each week, including at least one weekend day each week. Each day is about 8 hours long. Wild Adventure Program interns have different start/end dates and work schedules than Animal Care interns. Fall internships have a similar schedule, but we can be flexible with dates.
Do you only offer internships during the summer when the zoo is open?
Who can apply?
Can I get time off for vacation?
What if the position I apply for is already filled?
Are internships paid?
Can I interview over the phone if I don’t live nearby?
What is EARTH Ltd. Awareness Day?
(Note: EARTH Awareness Day is a requirement for all Spring/Summer interns)
Located at Southwick’s Zoo
2 Southwick’s Street
Mendon, MA 01756