Volunteer / Docent Program
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 docent program. Thank you to all that applied.
A docent is an unpaid volunteer who is enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with zoo visitors about the incredible creatures who live at Southwick’s Zoo. Docents are stationed throughout the zoo so that visitors can ask them questions. Our visitors ask docents everything from “Why do giraffes have purple tongues” to “What are the tigers’ names?” to “Where is the nearest restroom?” So if you want to learn the answers to these questions and share them with our awesome zoo visitors, then apply today! It’s an incredibly rewarding and exciting experience!
*Docents do not assist with zookeeping or animal care.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Those accepted to the volunteer/docent program must take a 10 week class to learn information about the zoo and its inhabitants. Each volunteer will be mentored by a senior docent and is asked to give 8 hours a month to the Zoo (from April – October).
- A free Family Value Pass to bring friends and family to the zoo after completing a certain number of hours
- Discounts on food and merchandise purchased at the zoo
- You’ll become a part of a great group of people and partake in a unique experience at the zoo!
Click to Apply Now!
2 Southwick Street, Mendon, MA
Phone: (800) 258-9182
Monday-Friday: 9:00 – 5:00